So many ask us where we are at and when we will be 'done'. More and more we laugh when that questions gets asked because we are unsure sometimes of exactly what done will look like - LOL!!
What we can tell you now is what we're working on and why. Can you guess?
Yep, it's all about the electricity.
So what happened?
But where are we really in the process?
What else is there to do?
- I've been working on window shade panels - a post will come. We don't like the cabin turning into an oven when it's sunny.
- We still need to design, acquire, and install our solar charging system.
- We are in this marina until the end of March 2023, and by then we want to be able to move to a boatyard where we can haul out again. We need to do that because the paint we did last year was the below-water paint and we still need to do the above-water paint. That means ladders, sanding, repairing, prepping, priming, painting, etc. That includes the topside finish that has the traction functionality. Could we do this while the boat is in the water? Technically, yes. But not at all practical to be floating on a dinghy next to the boat and using power tools. At least I don't want to do that.
- We need to get our standing rigging inspected and tuned - hopefully not replaced
- All of our running rigging definitely needs to be replaced.
- Most, if not all, of our windows and hatches need to be either re-bedded or replaced.
- Our stanchions and and lifeline system needs to be fully inspected and re-bedded. Did I mention I LOVE that our lifeline system is topped with a solid stainless rod and not just a wobbly cable?
- We probably need to thoroughly clean our trampolines and possibly replace them.
- We need to make sure we have our anchor windlass working properly because neither of us want to haul in an anchor by hand, although we can and John has.